Sparring partner to company Owners, Boards of Directors and Management Teams, FiBAN Interim Managing Director
I have helped numerous Finnish companies to international markets and strengthen their operations especially in the Nordics, Central Europe and China. I have a versitile management consulting background as well as international management team and board work experience with expertise in developing businesses, organisations and changing company culture.
As Boardman Partner my mission is to support and develop Finnish ownership, board and management team work. I chair Boardman Sustainability Forum where we assists boards of directors and management teams to understand how they can develop their business more sustainable and profitable. We cooperate closely with Helsinki Chamber of Commerce by helping companies in developing their business, brand and valuation (Brand Compass™).
My positions of trust include e.g. The Federation of Finnish Enterprises’ Growth and International Affairs Committee, boards of The Espoo Enterprises and The Espoo Steiner private School, and on The Design from Finland Committee at The Association for Finnish Work. I also work at the Steering Committees of Kaleva Mutual Insurance company and Boards Impact Forum (Climate Initiative of The World Economic Forum).
Nonfiction writer (books in Finnish)
- Winning Management Teams – Seven Steps to Future Success, Åhman, Bärlund, Vatanen, 2007 WsoyPRO
- Sustainable leadership – a new lifeblood in business, Bärlund, Perko, 2013 Talentum
- Strategy book for municipalities, Maury, Loukomies, Bärlund, 2017 Kisspublishing
- Climate Reformers – towards a cleaner world and better business, Perko, Bärlund, to be published soon, Alma Talent
My passion – learn, share, renew
I find problem solving and business disruption very fascinating.
- Trained mentor, coach and advisor
- MBA, Helsinki School of Economics
- Fintra, Diploma in International Marketing Management
- Coaching Diploma, Finnish Coaching association
- C-level School for Women, European Women on Boards and EU Commission
- Cross Border Digital Strategy Mentoring Program, European Women on Boards and EU Commission
- 365 days to the stock exchange, Nasdaq Helsinki and Finnish Entrepreneurs